Between hosting holiday guests, friends and family and maybe even a few unexpected partakers who decide to join in last minute, attempting to pull together loved ones for an impromptu gathering can surely cause a commotion. Planning ahead and having the right things on hand will keep you looking and feeling calm amongst the frazzled feelings you may be experiencing on the inside.
Follow these below simple tips to be sure to avoid the stress this holiday season:
- Sleep in: Take advantage of being in the moment and enjoying just a few extra minutes in bed in the morning
- Stock up on frozen hors d'oeuvres: Shhh... it's our little secret and no one has to know! Having these on hand will be the simplest way to pop something into the oven and have lite-bites ready and waiting for your guests.
- Meet Swiffer Sweeper. Swiffer can be your best friend this holiday season. Either for a quick touch up before your guests arrive, or an easy clean up post party, you will surely be thankful for your little friend.
- Light scented candles: Whether you may have, dare I say it, just burnt a batch of chocolate chip cookies, or just want to freshen up the household scent, lighting scented candles are a sure way to add welcoming ambient lighting and please the senses all at the same time
- Have some sparkling beverages and vodka readily available: Having plenty of ice in the freezer would be helpful too. Using a splash of cran and some frozen berries is the perfect go-to-bar-remedy, sans professional bartender, for festive cocktails
Following these 5 simples steps will get you through the holiday chaos and will help you keep calm so you are truly able to enjoy and get the most out of spending time with family and friends this holiday season.
From my family to yours...
Deep breathes and PLENTY of vodka on hand helps! Great post, Jaimers!ReplyDelete